Lorie's Pictures..

Lorie's Pictures..

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chapter Four..

1. Describe your earliest memories of listening to radio. Do you remember a favorite song? How old were you? Do you remember the station's call letters? Why did you listen?


The only station that I can say I remember possibly listening to is 106.9 The Light. That particular station may have not existed 20 years ago. I'm not sure. But my parents are both Christians and they tend to listen to gospel music when driving, especially my mom. I'm not sure how old I was or what the station's call letters were. I just know that more than likely, 106.9 The Light was the radio station that I listened to for the first time ever. To this day, my mom still listens to that station on a regular basis; whereas, I listen to 95.1 and 96.1 more than anything.


2. If you could own and manage a commercial radio station, what format would you choose and why?


If I could own and manage my own radio station, I wouldn't use the format radio. I don't like the idea of management controlling the programming every hour rather than the deejays. The deejays know what music is popular and how to keep everyone entertained. I would probably end up using the Top 40 format. The Top 40 derived from the number of records stored in a jukebox, this format came to refer to the forty most popular hits in a given week as measured by record sales. I would make sure that I played the newest, hottest music in order to keep the younger generation enthused. 

No comments:

Post a Comment