Lorie's Pictures..

Lorie's Pictures..

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chapter Thirteen...


1. Are you exposed to popular culture from other countries? Why or why not? Give some examples.

Yes, I would have to say that in more ways than one, the United States is exposed to popular culture from other countries. A few examples of this would be religious holidays, restaurants, churches, remedies, commercials, etc. Americans are also bad for exposing their culture on other countries. Not only do other countries try to push their religious beliefs and things on Americans, we tend to try and push our culture on other countries instead of just showing them exactly we believe in.

2. Do you read international news? Why or why not?

I do not read international news. I tend to focus mainly on the local news and things that are going on in the surrounding counties and in America. Truly, I don’t see the point in reading international news. I guess it would keep me more up to date as to what exactly is going on around the world, but there are plenty of things going on in America that we need to be aware of such as: poverty, world hunger, etc. As a Christian and a member of Crosspoint Church, I tend to get upset whenever churches decide to go on mission trips in random states other than North Carolina or other countries. I understand the purpose in going on a mission trip and that you are trying to get people to come to Christ, but there is plenty going on around us that churches should support first before reaching out to other countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment