Lorie's Pictures..

Lorie's Pictures..

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chapter Sixteen..


1. Have you ever had an experience in which you thought personal or public expression went too far and should be curbed? Explain. How might you remedy this situation?

I do not have an experience that comes to mind in which I thought that personal or public expression went too far and should be curbed. There have been times in which I thought that I should have reacted to situations in different ways than I did. But if I could go back in time, I would probably react to situations the same way that I did the previous times.

3. The writer A. J. Liebling once said that freedom of the press belonged to only those who owned one. Explain why you agree or disagree.

After reading A.J. Liebling’s statement about freedom of the press belonging to only one who owns one, I would have to say that I disagree.  Personally, I believe that freedom of the press belongs to everyone who works within a newspaper office, book industries, etc. If freedom of the press only belonged to those who owned one, then the employees of certain agencies such as a newspaper office wouldn’t have a job. Whoever owned the press would be the one responsible for everything. I just don’t see that as being fair. Thankfully, the Constitution of the United States prevents anything like this from happening by having a particular amendment in which freedom of the press is listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment